Get Off The Road!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Homestead

Reaction score
Because HH can drive!!! :twisted: :driving:

I finally passed my test last week! It was my second try and I was super nervous! The first time I passed the road test, but I hit a cone taking the other test. :oops: That was really hard since I had done it again and again with my Mom and had not hit a cone for a while. I was super upset.
But I took it again and passed! I am super excited and relieved that it is over! And very thankful for a friend that was super flexable and let me borrow her car pretty much whenever I wanted. I would never have passed in our big 12 seater van!

So watch out! Who knows where I'll go! :twisted: :motorcycle:
Okay, so I can't ride a motorcycle, but it looks cool! :oops: :lol:

Oooh! I am glad I live far, FAR away! :twisted:

Seriously, though, congratulations! Once you drive a specific vehicle often enough it becomes like an extension of your body- so you wont have to worry about accidentally knocking cones over- or worse!

Our kids are lucky because we live in such a rural area... my youngest son Colliepup who is eleven has been driving a Kawasaki Mule for several years now (as have the older kids), and Queenpup who just turned fifteen has been driving my Expedition on the dirt roads for a year. Firstpup has had some freeway experience and drives the paved road through our canyon regularly- but he is going to be seventeen in February.

Having all of that non-threatening driving experience goes a long way to build confidence! :)

The more you drive the more second nature it becomes. But do be careful with others in the vehicle- it is easy to get distracted by conversation, even after driving for years.

Congrats! I remember all the emotion when I got my license :p

Congrats!

Thinking back to the motorcycle comment, they are smaller and cheaper to cruise around. Maybe you should try to get that license too! When I took the course it was all about defensive driving. Swerving through cones, sudden stops, swerving around an obstacle... It was really fun! (Think dirtbike though, theyre easier to handle than street bikes!)

We had an old manual ford with metal signs riveted over the rusted holes in the floor that we used to move things around the farm. No one in my family ever teaches you to do anything though. They just hand over the keys and leave you to it. I killed that thing so many times before I figured when and how you had to apply the clutch. Oh and the shifter knob had come off so there was nothing telling you the gears. I spent an hour my first day trying to get to reverse so I could back it out of the shed.

I took my test in a gmc extended cab full bed pickup. The smallest vehicle we owned at the time. Nearly wiped out an suv trying to parallel park my first attempt. Passed on the second attempt. Had about 1 hour on a road when I took my test. My mom just told me one day to drive the truck from our farm to the town that did the driving tests and then sat there reading a newspaper. We drove around the town for 15mins after we got there which was my first in town driving experience and that was it.

Same with power tools. I wanted to drill some tpost caps for my roundpen and my grandpa just showed me the drawer with the key and bits and left me to play with the drill press. Want to cut boards go find the saw in the garage. Good luck. lol I did learn a lot of common sense and to think things through with that approach though.

Homer":lv6a5bbj said:
Congratulations HH! :mbounce:

I mean quick, everybody get off the sidewalks!!! :hobbyhors

:p :p

If ya don't like the way I drive, Get OFF the sidewalk!!!

I practiced driving a car yesterday-- it has been almost 4 years since I sat behind the wheel-- and it was like I had never taken a break from driving-- Thank heavens it waited until last night fopr the slick stuff to start falling..... ;)

Way to go.
now you need to learn how to ride a motorcycle.
over all just remember to be careful.
congratulations

Latest posts

Back