Furry newborn

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
My holland lop doe had litter #2 today. Her first litter was 5, on time, 2 DOA and 3 died within a week. Rebred and she fooled me all the way to day 32. Rebred, again. Second litter of 2 today. No nest, minimal fur, on the wire. 1 dead, typical size and newborn appearance. The other was very small and cold. Warmed it up and were surprised it looks like it has 2-3 day old fur??? She feels like she's got at least 1 more in there. Rolls eyes. Rabbits are so confusing. (Bred over a couple of hours on one day, no chance of multiple day breeding). Thoughts? Are we going to get the retained ones out? Why would one be larger and hairless, while the other is runty and easy to see its a black tort?

Are you changing feed ration/protein % during pregnancy? Some times when diet changes and there's a big increase in food or high percentage food added, it can cause bigger kits. I've not had any furred unless its been a week over due though, maybe a side effect of a feed issue? Not sure on that one...

Latest posts

Back