FUR PULLING!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonSpiritMom

Reaction score
went out to do my morning bunny chores this morning and what do i find? FUR FUR! everywhere! The doe i didn't think took pulled a small handful of fur outside of her nest box and made a nest by the cage door. So i gave her more nesting materials, thinking that she just didnt have enough.. and put her fur in the box. I'm hoping she gets the hint.

exciting stuff!!! I'll go down in a bit to check on her, see if she's pulled anymore fur or if there are kits in the box.

I'm hoping that she is ok with the amount of noise my kids as well as my daycare kids are making outside today.. hopefully it doesnt scare her to much and she delays kindling.

Don't worry about noise, I've never met animals that are less bothered by noise than rabbits. (unless it's a quiet rustle)

Keep checking on her, and maybe put some cardboard under/around the spot she decided to be her favorite, and lots of nesting material anyway.

If she's not realizing what the box is for, maybe move it to the spot where she builds the nest?

:good-luck:

No Kits yet and its almost 6 pm.

She hasn't pulled any more fur either. guess its a wait and see now...

this is driving me nuts <br /><br /> __________ Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:50 pm __________ <br /><br /> almost 9pm.. still no kits. but the doe that pulled fur is NOT pleased that I keep bothering her... lots of growling from her (but she's never been a sweet rabbit either.. her nick name is "NASTY COW")

GAH! hurry up all ready!!!n i can't take the waiting!!

I know how it feels. The rabbit will eventually have the babies overnight. For my doe, she pulled out her fur in the evening so i decided to cover her cage with a blanket for some peace and after that I left her alone. I came back to see what she was doing and she had the kits! I guess she thought it was night. Hope she has the kits! :)

WE HAVE KITS!!!

But not from the doe (named "Two") who pulled fur yesterday! from my other doe (Named "One") who was also due this week!

she kindled no problem.. but found 1 dead, half eaten kit in the entrance of the nest box. I removed and disposed of it (totally gross btw!) in the back of the box was a huge pile of fur, breathing... lol I stuck my hand in and i found what i think is 6 warm, chubby bodies.

"Two" who pulled fur yesterday has not pulled anymore fur and she has given up on building her own nest. There is also NOTHING in her box. I'm wondering if she actually took and just could smell the doe next to her in labour or something and that triggered her to pull fur?

I'll keep an eye on them both.. if Two doesn't kindle by next Monday I'll pull the box and rebreed.

Congrats!

And don't give up on the other. It's very late for a false pregnancy nesting.

So Doe #2 is Now haystashing up a storm and pulling fur like it's going out of style! lol darn rabbits pulling fast ones on me! i got video of her haystashing.... totally cute

__________ Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:45 am __________

Checked the nest of doe #2... NO KITS! she's got a nice nest and lots of fur.. but no kits.

this will drive me insane. I'll give her until Monday to kindle... then pull the box. <br /><br /> __________ Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:40 pm __________ <br /><br /> Doe #2 kindled! But DAYS ago! She only had one kit! He's big, Plumpy and has fur! So I'm assuming he was born before the other doe's kits as they do not have any fur. How old would he be? 3 maybe 4 days? My daughter has given him the name "Gus Gus" lol

Congratulations on the new family. :lol: While I certainly am no expert it has been my observation that when a doe has only one or two kits they seem to grow exceptionally quickly, I suppose because they get all the milk they can hold.

Yes the little guy is HUGE! his belly is always full.

His mama was soo good about cleaning up after kindling that i literally had no idea she birthed at all. and she hid him so well too.

I'm hoping that next time she kindles she'll have more then just 1.

Latest posts

Back