Fur mites or Bully Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightnin1960

Reaction score
I looked in my holding cage and seen some of my bunnies was short on hair except mainly one. There was no scabs or bumps. (12 weeks old) I put a little mineral oil on the back of that ones (male)neck. Then the next had a little more but still not much. but when i put the mineral spirits on her and put her in the cage I noticed the first one was chasing her around biting her and pulling at her hair and not where I put the mineral oil either.

Do you think that the problem is more a mean rabbit?

Also it is time to kull them (except one that I want to keep for a breeding male later) will it be ok to go ahead and carry out the deed?

Are you planning on using the pelt? If not why wait. It will only keep happening if they are kept together.

Yes, sounds like you've got a bully rabbit... I've had one before. :angry:

A lot of people send them to freezer camp at 10 - 12 weeks, so at 12 weeks they are ready when you are. :) Probably the sooner the better, to cut short the misery that rabbit is inflicting on the others.

Make sure to take care of the bully first, so that if you aren't able to finish, at least you have a lower chance of that behavior recurring.

How can i tell if my rabbit has fur mites or the rabbit is just scratching it's neck. It's not really loosing her fur, just feel some little scabs on her neck some<br /><br />__________ Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:40 am __________<br /><br />How can i tell if my rabbit has fur mites or the rabbit is just scratching it's neck. It's not really loosing her fur, just feel some little scabs on her neck some

Latest posts

Back