Funky poops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKarli

Reaction score
Cloud lost her litter of kits. (As you all know.) :( She has been re-bred & I am sure she took. She is already building a nest & seems so confused at what happened. She seemed bloated a bit for a few days & then had these funky poops. Now she looks much better!?! Normal?!? P.S. the red thing is a candy LOL!

Attachments

• 100_0673.jpg
    100_0673.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 686
Her milk never came in & they all died last week. After she had them she still looked big. I thought she would look slimmer. Then she did this & now looks normal. She always has hay but seems to be only interested in making a nest with it :(

Take the hay away for a day or 2 and give it back to her, hopefully she can forget about making a nest and being a mom then...but only take away the hay if her poops are back to normal....just an idea...

I don't care if she wants to make nests with the hay. She is probably eating it too. I am just concerned about the poops! Placenta HUH?

Next time she has her litter. Please check to make sure she is feeding the babies. If they have a round belly , Then she has milk and feeding them. If you have another rabbit that is breed at the same time as her. Never take hay away from a rabbit. I had a rabbit that pulled her fur 2 days after she had the babies...She will stop trying to make a nest. It is very normal.

She is not due with her new litter for 3 more weeks. She just lost her first litter last week & I re-bred her right away. I think she has given up on the nest this morning. :)<br /><br />__________ Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 am __________<br /><br />Also it is not the nest making that gave me pause....it was the funky poops!

Jack":17keoplq said:
those are placenta, not poo, where are the babies?

That is what I thought at first, Jack. But she said that it was a "candy" so NOT placenta....she actually was talking about the misshapen poops...<br /><br />__________ Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 am __________<br /><br />
LadyKarli":17keoplq said:
I don't care if she wants to make nests with the hay. She is probably eating it too. I am just concerned about the poops! Placenta HUH?

I think Jack thought that piece of candy was a placenta...which I did too until you told us otherwise... :D

Yeah my kids love the rabbits :) it was a fruit snack they dropped on the ground while visiting the cage. She has been weird since I got her. This is her last chance to have a nice living litter or out she goes. Will sell her as a pet. Kinda liking those tan rabbits the other lady had. Those are fine looking rabbits!

Latest posts

Back