Fun new meat mutt project!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldrose

Reaction score
I got an idea! Rex coated calis! Why not eh?
I basically already have all the ingredients already but figured why not add some new blood too!

I have a litter of 2 week old cali/flemmy x standard rex :
2 otters, 2 blue otters, 1 chestnut and 1 squirrel(blue chin)
I plan to keep back a sexed pair(the squirrel and maybe a blue otter)

They carry the rex fur and pointed Cch

I picked up 2 does that are 3/4 flemmy 1/4 mini rex
The one doe is pointed and has curly whiskers

I think the fawn doe will be bred to my calix flemmy boy and not in this project.

Today I picked up this steel buck, his dam is a purebred cali and his sire a rex.

So next year I will be playing around with this group and see if I can hit the genetics jack pot for some rex coated cali's, while working on body types too. Maybe I'll be able to make a nice meat herd with all these :)

Sorry, but I can't help but laugh at the size difference of the girls in the carrier!!! :) hope your project works out, I've been really wanting to do mini satin angoras, but decided it wil have to wait, no cage space until I get a real rabbitry...

Meat mutt projects are the best. Culls go to freezer camp and don't have to worrie about finding them homes. And they are soooo tasty!

paintrider89":kurt7kls said:
Meat mutt projects are the best. Culls go to freezer camp and don't have to worrie about finding them homes. And they are soooo tasty!
Exactly! I won't be stuck with a bunch of rabbits, well maybe in the freezer ;) I bought a new freezer too so I'll get to fill that up with meat I made myself!

Wyldrose":1n0x7c4p said:
paintrider89":1n0x7c4p said:
Exactly! I won't be stuck with a bunch of rabbits, well maybe in the freezer ;) I bought a new freezer too so I'll get to fill that up with meat I made myself!
I would love a new freezer. But a new house is more important, so no shopping for me. :D

Latest posts

Back