Frozen Rabbit in the supermarket...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These days most people don't have any idea what hamburger or bacon came from and more and more it seems depending on the region that people don't buy chicken on the bone: essentially anything that might be recognizable as "Animal"

grrrr no mre rabbit meat for me till i get the rabitry up and running price just went up tfrom 5.99 to 7.99 i like rabbit but i refuse to pay that much to be honest i am a bit annoyed

Ashley

We can't even get rabbit in the grocery stores here. Buffalo, antelope, elk, deer, game birds and yak....but not rabbit. Not that I would pay that much for it even if we could get it here!

eco2pia said:
You are right about it being cheap, but I gotta say, herabouts in tree-hugging, vegan, PETA-land, rabbit IS a hard sell.

Most people won't touch it, and I am really careful who the kids tell...We change the subject when people ask what we will do with the babies...or mutter vaugely about maybe selling some for pets.

I keep thinking about padlocks on the cages. A determined person would just cut the cage wire, but a young kid would be deterred....

__________ Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:44 pm __________

Eco2pia, we must live in similar area (I am in Portland, OR). It is a touchy subject. I have only seen it once in a store called "Sheridan Fruit Company." It was $23! I couldn't believe it. I will just keep raising my own. :)

I know Portland, my grandma lived there--You are right it is the same kind of thing here. I actually live in a little "hick" town, so I am less worried than if I lived in, say, Bellingham. Still, I was just considering little padlocks again yesterday. My kids are young and have lots of friends who are, fortunately, respectful so far, but that can't last forever. It would be a disaster to me if I came out and found empty cages.

At about the time I was getting ready to cull my first litter of fryers I happened to come upon some rabbit in No Frills in Sarnia.. at $25 for A RABBIT... I figure I'm sitting on a little gold mine... Never would I pay $25 to a chain store for rabbit of unknown origin.

Latest posts

Back