Frosty the snow frog!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny-Wan Kenobi

Reaction score
Here in Louisiana, we rarely get any snow. So what do we do when we do get snow? Build a snow frog of course! (well actually sleet frog).

icefrog2.jpg

Here we sprayed it with green food coloring and added pupils...

ice  frog.jpg

There you go MC, you asked for pics :p!

oh just fun times. :)

We often make snow spiders and rabbits around here. Did a snow ladybug once...that was fun. :)

Snow ladybug, I bet that was cute! :p

The kids had a good time... we were hoping for lots of snow, and if it had fallen as snow, they would have had several inches of it to play with. As it was, they did get an awful lot of sleet to do stuff with, so at least they got that instead of just a bunch of freezing rain (which was falling as well).

Lol very nice. :D

At least someone is having fun with this stuff. We have far too much snow here to appreciate it. :lol:

YAY!!! You finally got snow! :sleighride:

And the first year in your own homestead, too! How neat is that? :D

Great job on the snow frog!

We made some snow sculptures one year by packing the snow and then using kitchen utensils to carve it. I even made one of my JRT Chase! It was sad when they melted though. :(

I hope you guys get some more snow this year! :good-luck:

It was so cold, the sleet wouldn't stick together until I gave them the spray bottle you see in the second pic (it started out with clear water in it). They tried to make balls to throw at each other, but as soon as they threw them, the sleet balls disintegrated. :lol:

It's only up to 27* so far, so Frosty the Snow Frog is still there! They're projecting a high of 39* today... not sure how it's supposed to get up there... I look at the hourly, and they say 30* at 12pm, 32* at 3pm, 32* at 6pm, and a low of 16* tonight. Not seeing the sudden near-40* spike happening.

So the frog might still be there tomorrow! :p

We had a lot more freezing rain last night, and it filled in all around the copious amounts of sleet we already had, so walking outside is absolutely treacherous. It is all frozen into a solid sheet of pebbly-surfaced ice. There is frost heave all over the place, which the kids find fascinating because of the ice filaments that look like hair or fiber-optics. Bunny-Wan Kenobi found a couple of Shay's footprints had heaved, making it look like Shay had gone tramping around in KISS-style boots with 2" deep treads. :lol:

Thank y'all. we actually meant to make a snow man out of him, but when we were done collecting the sleet there wasn't enough to build one, so Galadriel suggested that we make a snow frog. It was pretty easy, all we had to do was carve the pile of sleet into a frog :crazyfrog: .

After bottoming out below 14* last night, it is now 50*... and Frosty is still there, a giant, frog-shaped lump of green, solid ice. It melted just enough yesterday to completely solidify it. I think that frog will be looking at us for a week yet! :lol:

Miss M":rgm4zzr3 said:
We had a lot more freezing rain last night, and it filled in all around the copious amounts of sleet we already had, so walking outside is absolutely treacherous. It is all frozen into a solid sheet of pebbly-surfaced ice. There is frost heave all over the place, which the kids find fascinating because of the ice filaments that look like hair or fiber-optics. Bunny-Wan Kenobi found a couple of Shay's footprints had heaved, making it look like Shay had gone tramping around in KISS-style boots with 2" deep treads. :lol:

When the piled plow mounds and drifts start to melt, and the ice/snow under the dirt specks cause the 'stalagmite' looking type structures, I really feel like someone has made a miniature of some science fiction movie set..
I envy those artistic types that make snow sculptures-- I can't even walk in a straight line through it..

It was pretty amazing to see how long Frosty lasted. :) Even a day in the 50s just made him a little smaller. It took a day in the low 70s to finally melt him away -- and it took until evening!

What my kids would do to have your snow drifts, Maggie... :p

Back