Foreign stuff in hay

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
Last Sunday, just a few hours after feeding, I found my REW Rex doe dead. Today, I think I found the reason , other thant fright from cat being in area. I had purchased a bale bag of Dumor Chopped alfalfa and Timothy last week. This morning, in nicer weather and better light, I found shredded hay strings in each handful of hay I pulled from the bag. So I am ticked, A R's death was very well preventable if I had seen the string when Ii first started using the bag. Lesson-don't trust processed hay.

So sorry- how terrible.

If it were me, I would contact them ASAP. Hopefully, you still have the bag as they will probably want the lot number. Maybe take some pictures and email them?

Oh no! I am so sorry!

I totally agree that the string is the culprit. :(

I would definitely contact the company. Even if you don't want to risk using their hay again, I am confident that they will send you vouchers for some of their other products to try as compensation.

Oh, already contacted the customer service number. Need to round up reciept- they will refund or exchange. But how do Skysthelimit or I replace the genetics for color AR was carrying?

That sucks,
--I am very skeptical, when it comes to chopped , bagged hay, as it is hard to see the junk, or mold, and you must look closely, and smell for it, [same goes for pellets] - some of the people who work at the processing plants just do not "give a damn" --or-- management would rather process the bad feed products,and sell them, then take a loss on their inventory, -- most of the time they get away with it, as most people haven't a clue what happened to their animals, and the symptoms could be a number of things. -and when someone figures it out and complains, all they loose is the cost of a few bags of feed.
--sorry for your loss--

__________ Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:35 am __________

also check out the therad on mold in feed-- mold-in-feed-t23457.html

coyotejoe":1q606uyw said:
Sorry to hear of that. If that happened to me I'd be "frosted" too. :evil:
Are you trying to "pun"-ish me? ;) <br /><br /> __________ Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:57 pm __________ <br /><br />
coyotejoe":1q606uyw said:
Sorry to hear of that. If that happened to me I'd be "frosted" too. :evil:
Are you trying to "pun"-ish me? ;)

Back