footwear

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, if ignorance is bliss, you two have totally guarrenteed I will never become an RN. lol.

but then, knowledge is power.......

I completely understand your point of view Eco, but I kind of took away the opposite message. I am from the tropics (but live in Georgia now) and for me in real life and in the class I am amazed at how very amazing opportunistic organisms are at bypassing our body's defenses. They emphasize it a lot in micro because of how easily a nurse can accidentally kill a person by not following aseptic technique, etc. but a lot of the same information can apply to day-to-day stuff, too. I guess I have that Ben Franklin mindset that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, lol. I don't have a germ phobia or anything, but in my personal opinion (again, not trying to force it on anyone), is that if there is an easy way to protect ourselves from some things (like wearing shoes), then I am all for it. :)

Thanks!

Lauren

It used to be as standard to deworm humans as it is to deworm livestock and I think it still should be. Even if you don't go barefoot I can't imagine being around livestock and other animals all the time hasn't passed some parasites around. We probably all have some parasites. Asking a doctor for meds though will get you stared at like you belong in a mental institute. I think we need less avoidance so our immune systems are healthier and more readily available treatments for the common stuff that really shouldn't be as much worry as it is just in case we get more exposure than our bodies will handle. While it's better to not have to treat anything I don't think it's better if that means not coming in contact with anything and babying our immune system and other safeguards our body uses.

Back