Floating a new rabbitry name...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessiL

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
So, my brother-in-law told us a cute story about how he told his friends that his brother in Nevada had a "bunny ranch," and apparently because he was in California, everyone assumed he meant that we ran a brothel... which is hilarious! But that got my husband thinking that maybe we should rename the rabbit enterprise. Currently, all the livestock are considered part of Flying Fossil Farm. But now we are thinking of branching off to "Last Chance Bunny Ranch" for the rabbits.

"Last Chance" comes from the name of the irrigation ditch that delivers our irrigation water, plus it sounds cool. We're thinking that the new logo would feature a rabbit with a cowboy hat and revolver or something.

Any thoughts? I do kind of like it, but am not sure that anyone would get the reference to the other kind of bunny ranch. Not that it really matters... but it would be nice to make other folks chuckle when they hear it.

I like it! It's cute and it would be easy to remember. I was just thinking of names the other day and something with bunny ranch came to mind but then it got me thinking about "the bunny ranch", wasn't sure if people would be confused.

It has a nice ring to it but when I hear "last chance" I think of animal rescues as so many are called this and people might get the idea that you are a rabbit sanctuary instead of a last stop before freezer camp :mrgreen:

I agree with Dood. The "Last Chance" part could bring you some unwanted attention.

I do love the Bunny Ranch part= and your logo idea, though.

I like it! The "Bunny Ranch" title would probably get you a lot of hits on the internet, it just wouldn't necessarily be people looking to buy rabbits ;) .

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Yes, I guess "Last Chance" has an AR ring to it. But the Last Chance Ditch itself is by far the oldest part of this property, and we kind of feel a certain bond towards it. Here in northern Nevada, all good things come from water.

Otherwise, we are next to Alum Creek, on Mayberry and McCarran, neighborhood is roughly Caughlin Ranch... None of those are particularly poetic. "Alum Creek Bunny Ranch?" Hmm... I do prefer Last Chance...

Old Creek Bunny Ranch, going with your cowboy theme, maybe adding an "OC" brand type thing to it?

Just a thought. Maybe.

I have to agree that though Last Chance has a nice ring to it, like the others that have commented my first thought was a rescue and I was envisioning rabbits that were in poor condition. :( I understand though it has significance to you because of your property & that's cool.

I have a fondness for the Andy Griffith show and for Alum Cave in TN so something with Mayberry or Alum caught my attention - but that's just me!

I would be interested in hearing everyone's stories on how/why they chose the name of their rabbit farm/rabbitry. Does anyone know if there is already a thread for this?
If not I'd start one. I'd find it interesting. :)

Phacelia":20vc5ukp said:
I like it! The "Bunny Ranch" title would probably get you a lot of hits on the internet, it just wouldn't necessarily be people looking to buy rabbits ;) .
Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner. Having used the name B & D Bunny Ranch on my web site for some time now you are correct. I do get some rather "unusual" inquires on my contact page. :lol:

JessiL":3502vhc4 said:
So, my brother-in-law told us a cute story about how he told his friends that his brother in Nevada had a "bunny ranch," and apparently because he was in California, everyone assumed he meant that we ran a brothel... which is hilarious!

Huh. :? I've heard them called "cat houses" but never a "bunny ranch". Learn something new every day. :roll:

I agree with the Last Chance part making it sound like a rescue, although it does have a nice ring.

WhWRabbitry":3502vhc4 said:
I would be interested in hearing everyone's stories on how/why they chose the name of their rabbit farm/rabbitry. Does anyone know if there is already a thread for this?

But of course! :p

Here it is:

post225915.html

We also have one on the significance of usernames:

post78422.html

There is an old western movie..I believe John Wayne. Was in it..anyway it told of a brothel in the old west during the gold rush. When times got tough the customers would pay in what ever the had. So the place became known as The Chicken Ranch.. I can't remember the name of the movie....but that is what I thought of :lol:

I just remembered the name..Cheyenne social club..
Great movie!

Latest posts

Back