Flemish litter color help :) *Update*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaMandy

Reaction score
I bred our Frosty Flemish buck (who was out of a Sandy) to our Sandy doe (who was out of a light gray). I don't have pedigrees on either one. I was just told what their mothers were. We've got 6 babies born today and 2 are completely white and the other 4 are black with pink bellies. Do we have 2 Frosties and 4 Sandies or is there a chance for anything else? I'm hoping for a light gray. :)

I do decent with genetics, but the Frosty kind of throws me and I'm not at all familiar with Flemish colors. Thanks in advance!

Light grey (chinchilla in other breeds) is totally possible as are sandys (chestnut in other breeds) as both look dark for the first few days. Once they fur up a bit more check the fur colour at the back of the neck, grey will look whitish while sandys will be creamy yellow.

Awesome! Thanks! I figured they'd both look black the first few days. I'll be checking neck colors! :)

__________ Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:17 pm __________

I'm seeing brown on one of their heads today, and silver on another! Cool! <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:34 pm __________ <br /><br /> Well, it turns out the ones I thought were Frosty are actually REW! So, we have 2 REWs, 2 Sandies, and 2 Light Grays. :)

Latest posts

Back