Flemish Giant Nest Box?????

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basenji43

Reaction score
What do people suggest as far as dimensions go for a Flemish Giant nest box? I am planning on making my own, does anyone have any helpful hints, suggestions, or websites? Thank you for your time.

24 inches long x 15 inches wide, 8-10 inches tall is fine usually, not sure how cold it gets your profile doesn't say a state, county but I prefer the open top design with a v cut in the front. If it is colder than you can do a partial top, of course with higher backs and sides.

Awesome thank you. Our rabbits are kept inside so we dont have to worry about the weather.

Basenji43":1q85yqg9 said:
What do people suggest as far as dimensions go for a Flemish Giant nest box? I am planning on making my own, does anyone have any helpful hints, suggestions, or websites? Thank you for your time.

Best way is to measure your doe and allow two inches of clearance on all sides. That way, she has enough room to maneuver, but not so much room that she will hang out in the box.

OneAcreFarm":3dk0uzu9 said:
Best way is to measure your doe and allow two inches of clearance on all sides. That way, she has enough room to maneuver, but not so much room that she will hang out in the box.

I like this idea measuring the doe. I think I will have to build one for BigGurl since she is a BIG Girl already, not telling what size she will be in the spring when I breed her. I might just do the wire box I like that idea

Latest posts

Back