Flemish Giant Height

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotdogz

Reaction score
Hello! I've been wondering how big exactly Flemish giants are, and all i can find is their weight & body length. I was wondering if anyone knows how tall they are (specifically at shoulder height)? In inches preferably, but I can also just translate anything with google myself lol.

I feel like i recall seeing that they're 2-3 ft tall, but I'm not sure how accurate that is... Can't remember where I heard that from either.

Hello! I've been wondering how big exactly Flemish giants are, and all i can find is their weight & body length. I was wondering if anyone knows how tall they are (specifically at shoulder height)? In inches preferably, but I can also just translate anything with google myself lol.

I feel like i recall seeing that they're 2-3 ft tall, but I'm not sure how accurate that is... Can't remember where I heard that from either.
Flemish Giants are big, but they don't stand 2-3 ft tall at the shoulder!!! Unless, I suppose, they were standing on their hind legs with their front feet on your knees. :ROFLMAO:

In the U.S., a Flemish Giant ideally has what's called a mandolin or semi-arch body type, meaning a relatively long, low shoulder rising to a deep rounded hip and hindquarter. I don't have any Flemish around to measure, but if memory serves, you might expect a very large, deep senior Flemish to be maybe 6-7" at the shoulder and maybe 9-10" at the loin, posed like this, from the ARBA website https://arba.net/flemish-giant/ :
ARBA Flemish Giant.jpg
According to the ARBA Flemish Giant Standard of Perfection, senior bucks (8 months and over) must weigh a minimum of 13 pounds, senior does a minimum of 14 pounds. There is no upper weight, length or height limit, though generally the deeper the better, and the rabbit's proportions should produce a well-balanced look.

Latest posts

Back