Flemish Giant breeding

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do giant breeds gestate longer?
I have a Flemish Giant doe on day 35. This is the second time she did not kindle on time. She may have another less than good litter.

Is it her breed that makes her wait? Or is it something I am doing? This time she had her pen undisturbed. Last time I had introduced a nesting tote and she did not know what to do with it.

If she does not kindle today I may drop her in with the buck once more and give her a third try. I am not holding my breath, though. Dhe will probably be rehomed as a pet.

Do giant breeds gestate longer?
I have a Flemish Giant doe on day 35. This is the second time she did not kindle on time. She may have another less than good litter.

Is it her breed that makes her wait? Or is it something I am doing? This time she had her pen undisturbed. Last time I had introduced a nesting tote and she did not know what to do with it.

If she does not kindle today I may drop her in with the buck once more and give her a third try. I am not holding my breath, though. Dhe will probably be rehomed as a pet.
It may be true that all breeds gestate within 32 days, but I have a Flemish/Californian cross who took 34 days to kindle. So there may be something to the giant breed. You may want to palpate the abdomen just to see if you feel the little guys.

Latest posts

Back