flemish cross meaties.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boundarybunnyco

Reaction score
well here I am, with three litters of flemish cross meat kits. my little experiment. the cali x flemish are 4 to 4.5 lbs at ten weeks. sort of long and rangy. the champagne d'argent x flemish kits are 5 lbs to 5.25 lbs at ten weeks, and are more solidly built. the lop x flemish are 5 lbs at 10 weeks, somewhat gangly but heavy. the cali x litter has seven kits, the champagne x litter has 6, and the lop x litter has 5 kits. they are all sold pending delivery on saturday. so I won't be able to butcher them and make comparisons. coming up, I have litters of cali x flemish, cali x silver fox, and new zealand x flemish that are all 2 weeks old. they are all sold also, but I may have to reserve one or two and butcher them. I'd like to see how they compare. just thought I'd post my results, as there has been some discussion on flemish crosses for meat.

boundry, i bet if you debone those flemy crosses and compair meat for meat with the newzealands or californians an look at how much food they eat in comparison also,,,your not ahead with the flemmy cross.
I did the same thing with checkered giant and newzealand cross.
And the guy that helped me get started did it with the french lops when they first came into the country in the early seventys, hes the one that chalenged me to debone the rabbits and compair how much they ate,he was correct.
Im looking for new zealands and californians now and find that there are lots of people have all these flemy or lop crosses and call them meat rabbits.

its all good if you can sell them though

Latest posts

Back