First timer Flop...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cereshill

Reaction score
Yesterday, a first time doe on day 35 began working on her nest. She pulled fur to line it, created a nice straw and hay lined nest too. Upon returning from dinner I checked: one kit dead---she didn't pull any fur to cover...
Anyhow, I rebred her adn we will see; this is the first time I have had this occur.

I palpated---nothing there. The single kit was quite large (it was 35days after all). The other doe that was due popped 5 last night---day 38!

Interesting...My NZ who was bred on 3/20 built a fabulous nest...no Kits...I was going to put her back in with the buck this weekend. I checked every day...nothing, not even any tissue or bleeding...nothing...Hmmmm... :shock:

my brother had a doe pop on day 42 they were huge and already had some fur on them but we lost the whole litter within 3 hours and the doe was dead within 24 hours we figured the lateness is prolly what killed them all talked to alot of people and no one had ever had it happen or heard of it happening before it was weird.

Latest posts

Back