First time pregnant doe has pinworms ! Please help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samanthamarie716

Reaction score
My pregnant 10 month old doe has what I believe is pinworms! This will be her first litter and she’s never seen a vet but I did call with this the closet vet for rabbits is 45 mins away and can’t see her until Tuesday. If I knew it was safe I’d go get the medication at tractor supply myself and treat but I’m not sure if it’s safe to treat while she’s pregnant? Thank you any advice welcome I just want to make sure she’s okay

Attachments

• 98BDFBC1-2427-4CEE-9D68-47BE47A8D945.png
    98BDFBC1-2427-4CEE-9D68-47BE47A8D945.png
    586.8 KB · Views: 7
We've used Ivermectin on pregnant does with no problems, not sure if that's a remedy for pin worms, but it gets rid of worms in horses as well as ear and wool mites on angoras. They sell it at the feed store as a horse wormer. We use the gel form and just put a dab - about a split pea's worth - in each ear.

Ha! Yay for lab rats: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8799934/ Ivermectin kills adult pin worms, doesn't kill the eggs. So they used a dose every three days for four to five doses and then no more pinworms. One application didn't do it but multiple ones did.

Latest posts

Back