First time pregnant doe, hard stomach

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
I have my second Netherland dwarf doe due today. Day 31 first time mom. Palpated at day 14 and felt 'marbles'. So she's round like she swallowed an orange and her belly is hard. There is no squishyness to her belly at all. I'm assuming this is normal? She was the one who was making hay mountains at day 14. Gave her a nest box but she just used it as a bathroom. Took it out. So far, she hasn't made a nest or pulled fur but she's round and solid. Just hoping it's not a bad thing that she has a hard stomach? thoughts?

Tiny Buns":1z3uqq2s said:
but she's round and solid. Just hoping it's not a bad thing that she has a hard stomach? thoughts?

How recent is the hard stomach? It doesn't really matter... But it could be contractions making her abdomen solid. Anyone who has had a baby can tell you about that lol..... Or she is just full of babies... Fill a water balloon with just a little water and it is squishy... Fill it till it is about to pop and it will get pretty tight. Either way you will have babies soon. As for not nesting yet... Alot of my new does won't start nesting till the baby is falling out of them... Don't sweat it. :D :) :D :bunnyhop:

Haystaching this morning at 630 :)

It will be an interesting day. <br /><br /> -- Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:47 am -- <br /><br /> Well she's working on the first one but clearly having trouble. This one is long and stretched and clearly DOA. :(. She's only managed to get it halfway poor girl.

No. They are pretty much identical in size but both are small Netherlands. <br /><br /> -- Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:14 am -- <br /><br /> Well it's no wonder it looked like she swallowed a grapefruit. Poor girl pushed out another massive kit overnight. So she had two monster sized kits, both stretched out and DOA. Hopefully her second time will be easier :(

Tiny Buns":1jpnfcn5 said:
No. They are pretty much identical in size but both are small Netherlands.

-- Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:14 am --

Well it's no wonder it looked like she swallowed a grapefruit. Poor girl pushed out another massive kit overnight. So she had two monster sized kits, both stretched out and DOA. Hopefully her second time will be easier :(
How old was mom when bred?

6 months

-- Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:56 am --

6 months <br /><br /> -- Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:15 am -- <br /><br /> But she's also super tiny. She's only 1 1/4 lbs. so we bred her to our smaller buck who's about 1 1/2 lbs.

Latest posts

Back