First time meat mutt litter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whipple

Reaction score
Stella is a year old, best guess is a badly bred NZW. She's over a year old, never been bred. So I bred her to my unproven Rex buck, not hoping for much. Covered once.

She had 8 fat wrigglers. Covered in a ton of fur in the nest box. She ignored my boyfriend when he checked, and he didn't know to stick his finger in to feel for babies. So tonight I checked and she looked in the nest box as if to show me her babies. :in_love:

I will be keeping a doe, maybe not from this litter, but I want to keep that mothering ability around.

__________ Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:23 pm __________

IMG_20130418_224039455_zps6e4faf1d.jpg

IMG_20130418_224149888_zpsc46b871a.jpg

Sorry about the bad lighting on the first pic, but these babies are huge!

I took them out is morning and she looked anxious. As soon as the box was down she hopped in to feed them. When I brought them back in they had huge full bellies. Good mama this one is :)

Considering the shape she was in when you got her she's done extremely well. She was all bones, Whipple did a great job bringing her back into condition.

She's a very boney girl, she makes me think of a Holstein cow. But you can tell she's healthy and quite happy.

Latest posts

Back