First show report! Durango!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-HRanchito

Reaction score
Well I took a couple members of the angora gang up to Durango to get my feet wet in the show world.
Guess what! We got BoB and best opposite in both shows (cuz Satin angoras aren't too popular round these parts ;) )

But I had a really nice time, met some folks, sold a bunny, and got some great comments on my herd. It was pretty exciting to watch Best of Breed (Not like we had any illusions of winning.) The satin won both shows, by the way, and he sure was a pretty buck.

Lops are ridiculously popular in CO. Fuzzy lops, English, and French all had huge classes. I resisted the urge to get a lop of my own, but came home with some lovely new cages.

The embarrassing part was my doe -- Penny -- just HAD to wet herself right as they called us up. I mean, all that wool is pretty absorbent. She usually cleans herself up just fine...but she just has to get around to it. Then I blew her out, just to have her do it AGAIN right before best of show. She wouldn't stay in the coop either. She hopped out like a dozen times to make eyes at the mini rex next door. :oops: I'm not sure we made a great impression there with our unruly animals!!

The show rules say that the rabbits should be shown in their natural condition...would some clipping around the booty area cause problems on that front, or is that something people are ok with?

The satin breeder wasn't selling any does, but I wonder if an outcross would improve the shoulders in the herd. I've been getting jealous of all the nice shoulders everybody posts on here. Maybe I am just making excuses and what I really want is to pick up satins as a second breed! :p

Back