first breeding for doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBA

Reaction score
I have a californian doe, Frosty, who is about 9 months old. Up until now, she has been strictly a show rabbit. Once she hit six months old, I told my daughter (she shows her), that she can continue to show her for a while, but I need to get her into my breeding program. Problem was, every time she was on the table, she got either first or second place in her class.
A week and a half ago, we had two does on the table for Sr Doe class and for the first time ever, Frosty took third. Our other doe took first.
So, you know what that means....

Yup, I just bred Frosty to our herd sire Jasper. Two fall offs in two minute. She had no sooner hit the floor of his cage when he mounted her and she shoved her hind end a mile high.
I would say she was ready.
This is kind of bittersweet. Glad to have her breeding, but she always showed so well. But on the other hand, it was one of Jasper's daughters that got first place at the show, so maybe we will get some replacement show stock out of her.

At least your does get pregnant! Haha. If Luna (Cal doe) doesn't kindle soon, or show more signs that she might be pregnant I'm going to put her on a diet, then rebreed. Because if she isn't pregnant that means she is really fat, and I just learned that I apparently have the accidental habit of making all our animals fat. :lol: Not like I mean to, I just feed the dang things, lmao.

Latest posts

Back