Fireflies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieJ

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
We always get a good show from the fireflies this time of year, but I have never seen so many as there are tonight. Magical! The whole field is aflicker with them. Magical! Worth every darned mosquito bite that I got while watching them. Good ol' lightning bugs! I love them. :)

We've had them, too! The kids just love to fill up a jar with them. Then they let them go before bed. I don't know how long they would survive in a jar. :)

Oh I am so jealous! I was just remarking to my hubs that we hardly ever see even ONE lightning bug here....*sigh*

When my Dad was a kid, he used to gather a jarful to read by in bed. This was at their summer cottage in Muskoka and there was no electricity at that time. Once he released them in the bedroom of his mother's best friend who was visiting them. Guess "Aunt Lena" had twinkling stars on her ceiling all night long...

When I was a kid, we put them in green 7 up bottles--very pretty! Then we let them go...

I was outside last night until about 10pm and there were so many lightning bugs out at dusk! It was beautiful and I agree - magical :) More than I've seen in a long, long time.

I've never seen a firefly either, so I hope someone will get some pics! (Hint,hint)

I saw some in the back yard last night! Love them! They always remind me of younger days, and the good times we had as kids at grandmas!

Latest posts

Back