Finally...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertcat

Reaction score
:dinner:
The rabbit project finally made it to the kitchen!

We couldn't reach a consensus on how to cook our first rabbit, so I took one side (BBQ pulled rabbit) and JohnW took the other (grilled honey-lime). And until MY freezer is full, the folks at church that want rabbit will need to be patient!!

I'm trying not to be stingy, but the first batch was only 5 rabbits and the second batch is still a couple months from ready. :(

These were from our mostly Havana meat mutts and dressed out a little over 2lbs each...no leftovers to speak of. I'm looking forward to seeing how our Dutches grow out, the last batch were 3lb live at 9 weeks. (Reweighed those guys 3 times) Unfortunately we needed cage space and a friend needed dog food.

Feel much better about breeding rabbits now!

The next time you try the two recipe thing, you will need an impartial judge to try both recipes.

I humbly volunteer to be that judge...cause, honestly, both ways sound yummy!

welcome to the world of eating rabbit.
I can not remember the first time I had some, it was over 40 years ago. LOL
it sound like however you cooked them, it was good. with no left overs.

Both recipes were good, although the honey-lime one would have been better if Himself would have grabbed the plain lime juice instead of the key lime juice! I am soooo ready to have enough rabbit to give chicken the boot...and I like chicken.

Latest posts

Back