Finally! Penny's Litter Update- pitchas!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-HRanchito

Reaction score
After a zillion fails and me moaning about it to you guys, I think we've got a winner. Not only is Penny actually building a nest, but I brought her inside so we won't have to worry about exposure for the bubbas. I've got my fingers crossed for a couple of chestnuts that look just like Lindsey's.

Oooh! Early Christmas presents! :p Aren't bunnies great? :D

:congratulations:

Dare I hope you got pics of the "cardboard mustache"? I haven't seen one of those yet! :mrgreen:

Gah, it was early in the morning, so I didn't get a good picture, but you can see some of her cardboard craftsmanship in the nest!

The final count is 5, and i'm not sure if the dark ones are torts or chestnuts! I'm also wondering what my pinkies are !!! :p :p :p :p

Attachments

• Penny'sPoppples.jpg
    Penny'sPoppples.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 780
-HRanchito":2f4oi2nj said:
I'm also wondering what my pinkies are !!! :p :p :p :p
All of my pinkies have always been white (though at first I couldn't tell the difference between the whites and reds before they started getting fur... the reds are just a slightly muddy pink).

Nice job with the cardboard!! :D

YAAY for Penny. I never got into that breed but as I understand it that's a nice sized litter for one of them.

They are Satin angoras, but virtually the same as JW :) Maybe they are fawn...there is no red or REW on half of their pedigree, so that's my best guess.

I think the dark ones are torts, they don't look like the chestnuts I've had born here :)

Congrats though, such a lovely little bunch!

I think I got too excited looking for pink agouti markings! now I'm thinking two chocolates and one agouti. :lol:

Attachments

• popplesweb.JPG
    popplesweb.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 733
  • pop2.JPG
    pop2.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 733
  • longpoppleislong.JPG
    longpoppleislong.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 733
  • pop1.JPG
    pop1.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 733
It's been two weeks, and the popples just figured out how to get in and out of the nest box, so we figured we would take some photos....

Penny hiding from the curious kits in the nest box...

This is James Maxwell, or Max, for short. He's got much darker ticking than my last chocolate agouti kit, but not quite dark enough to be chestnut I don't think.. :dance7: But the DH and I both agree he's a handsome fella

I'm also keeping both of the chocolate does. I think i'll name the lighter one Rain Dance Maggie and the darker one Tug Boat Shiela. :p

And here are the REWS

8350705576_35219f0e5a.jpg

All is not quite well in fluffy satin angora land.. Penny has gone off feed in the last few days and she is in rough condition. I'm tempting her to eat with whatever I can... at least she'll eat parsley :hmm: Maybe she is stressed. I hope it's not wool block. I didn't pluck her last week b/c I put her back outside and didn't want to overly stress her. So now she's back in and getting plucked big time.

Back