Finally have my colony!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
So far I've only got two little does, Satin X Champagne crosses, but they are loving their new yard and house! It used to be a chicken coop, but dad built a better one with roosts and nests so I'm allowed to use this one. The yard is about as big as my living room, maybe a little bigger. The house has a nice door on the side so that I can reach the back (where I'm hoping they have their babies).

Attachments

• twin1.jpg
    twin1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,169
Just went outside to watch them and...the cat is sunbathing with them... o_O<br /><br />__________ Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:43 am __________<br /><br />Peeked out the window and there is a duck in there now too! What the heck?

Cait,

a tree stump, cinderblock, and bunny do not a colony make. We need more pics.

I agree. That's a beautiful bunny; I need to see it's housemate. Besides I also need ideas for what to put in my colony when I get one.

hoping4better agrees that I'm a brat, and doesn't even know me that well yet. :lol: What superb powers of perception!

MamaSheepdog":2z779cva said:
I know... I'm a brat. Hubs tells me so often enough.
hoping4better":2z779cva said:
MamaSheepdog":2z779cva said:
hoping4better agrees that I'm a brat, and doesn't even know me that well yet. What superb powers of perception!

HA HA HA!!! :D ;)<br /><br />__________ Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:50 pm __________<br /><br />Cait, SatinxChampagne sound like wonderful crosses - and the bunny in the pic is a stunner!!! Glad the cat is enjoying the colony with them :D

Cattle Cait":5e38h430 said:
Just went outside to watch them and...the cat is sunbathing with them... o_O

__________ Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:43 am __________

Peeked out the window and there is a duck in there now too! What the heck?

Sharing is Caring :lol:

Here's a couple of photos of their house, it does in fact exist! There's not much else to take pictures of...the chain link fence? The stump (again)?

By the way, they are named Thing 1 and Thing 2. Lovely babies. I want 52 more. They look blue roan colored in the sun, which is my favorite animal color ever.

I never noticed until now, but their faces were black when I got them and they're nearly completely silvered out now! (This photo is a little old).

__________ Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:46 am __________

And, yes, their porch is in fact a door.

Attachments

• colony house.jpg
    colony house.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,108
  • colony house2.jpg
    colony house2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,108
  • satin x champagne d'argent does rose and sage.jpg
    satin x champagne d'argent does rose and sage.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,108
hoping4better":38487g73 said:
I wish I was so perceptive. Instead I am just misunderstoood. :razz2:

:rotfl:Awww... poor you. And unlucky, too it seems since you had the misfortune to post after me. The "others" probably would have left you alone... :rotfl:

Cait,

nice try... but the charm of a colony set up is seeing the bunnies frolicking about... I know, I know... picky, picky, picky.

Back