Filthy %^&*^#$(* Scrub Jays

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a few pictures of the rabbitry as it sits. The video I took is too long apparently. The Dutch cages are 1/2" x 1/2" besides the 1/2" x 1" bottom and the 1"x2" door. They are leaving them alone and only going after the Flemish kits. I moved Clerise's kits into the metal nesting box as that is all I had that I could fit into her cage.
I’m having trouble picturing what you mentioned in another reply that stated they are hanging nest boxes. I thought, however, that I saw in one photo a depression in the floor of the cage. What I would do is put a secondary “flooring” of 1/2x1/2 that completely surrounds the hanging nest box which is far enough away from the actual nest box. You could even placed another floor of 1/2x1/2 a few inches below the whole cage floor, but of course it would need sides as well to prevent it from getting between the real floor and the floor beneath it.

As someone who else might have mentioned, if one gets stuck accidentally, you could make the best of an unfortunate situation and make an example of it for others.

Also...When I am needing to post a video to a forum, and it is too difficult, what I found it a good workaround is to go to YouTube, upload the video there as “unlisted” or even “private”, then post the link on the thread.

Aviodont, yes, that depression in the floor is what I mean by hanging nest box. It is made entirely out of the .5" x 1" floor wire. I ended up surrounding the entire rabbitry in the 1" mesh chicken wire. Including giving myself a false ceiling with the wire. I also added 2"x6" boards around the "outside" of the nests boxes to allow drainage and airflow to still occur. I will probably turn the door around as it is a bit narrow to try and fit through there with something in my arms like Hay. The door had been propped in the doorway for the picture to see if I got the fit right before adding the hinges.

Attachments

• IMG_9790.JPEG
    IMG_9790.JPEG
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9788.JPEG
    IMG_9788.JPEG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Back