fighting does!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilrabbitry715

Reaction score
so I have three does Two 6 months old One 3 month old. I let them out to play together. big mistake! 3 month old attacked one of the six month olds. Both six month olds may be pregnant bred 12/14. so I put the little doe back in her cage. five minutes later the doe that was attacked decides to attack the other doe! there was plenty of room so I don't understand?

Does typically are very territorial and much more aggressive than bucks ( not that bucks won't fight either, but I notice my girls to be worse). And to add to that pregnant does can be very hormonal. I very rarely let my rabbits run together, and they have my whole back yard. Even when I do I am there the entire time to supervise and there are certain does I won't put out together because they don't get along. It's normal.

Does are territorial and require their own cage space.
Unless, they've been raised as siblings and never separated.

Otherwise, you've got problems. They'll keep fighting until
they're apart. Domesticated rabbits aren't a communal animal.
If you 'must' keep them together....give them plenty of room.
I mean a 'room-size' room. Not just a big cage, they'll still fight.

grumpy.

Rabbits rely on scent more than sight so even though the 3 month old was removed her scent lingered and triggered the other 2 to fight.

Putting a toy, bedding or fur from another rabbits cage will elicit a similar response as well.

Latest posts

Back