Fiber Suppliers

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tm_bunnyloft

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought from www.wool.com? They are a wholesale supplier and you have to buy a minimum of 10 pounds. I'm wondering if their prices are worth buying that much wool at one time.

that site is weird... i couldnt even find where you look to buy the fiber at after ten minutes.. x.x

I agree, I also couldn't find how to buy at all. Looks like they might be an Australian company, which means possible $$ shipping and overseas issues.

I'd buy local or in your own country. Bound to be breeders of wool you're looking for who will sell to you.

I did get a reply from someone local who has sheep wool and llama. Hoping to work something out with that.

We have ANgora rabbit fiber and sell it by the gallon bag full, also have rare heritage sheep and will be shearing them probably in March or April depending on the weather. I would love to learn how to spin, anyone have any ideas on what type of wheel to start on.

Why are you wanting to buy more wool? Weren't you given a few bags of it not too long ago?

I am wanting to buy different types of wool to do some blending. If someone is selling their wool then it is my choice if I would want to buy it. It can not hurt to inquire on something you may be interested in. I mean why do people buy anything that they do?

And yes someone gave me 85 pounds of wool recently and I am buying her shearing from this year as well. But I fail to see what that has to do with my interest in someone elses wool?

I am always interested in trying different types of sheep. I am curious too about alpaca. Anyone want to sell some of that?

I haven't ordered from a website yet, because I would like to personally support a particular person.

Sky, I am hoping to be getting some Llama in the spring and I would gladly send you some. I will share if I get any alpaca as well. :)

mystang89 My apologies for taking your questions wrong. I am planning to spin to my little hearts content. I would like to be able to donate hats, mittens, scarves, and even sweaters to the homeless and needy through our Church next winter. I will supply all the yarn and hopefully some of the ladies of our church will be willing to help make the items. I am also currently making baby hats with synthetic fiber yarns for Babies in the NICU.

tm_bunnyloft":1c6nts0p said:
I would like to be able to donate hats, mittens, scarves, and even sweaters to the homeless and needy through our Church next winter. I will supply all the yarn. I am also currently making baby hats with synthetic fiber yarns for Babies in the NICU.

That's one of the greatest things I've heard all year. Many people just look down on homeless people and the people you see at intersections begging but many of those people don't have a choice. It's been this way for millenia and without people who make things and out of the kindness of their hearts they would surely freeze.

It's good to see that not everyone's charity has grown cold.

:eek:fftopic: but what happened to the quick quote feature?

mystang89":1u8nsg8t said:
tm_bunnyloft":1u8nsg8t said:
I would like to be able to donate hats, mittens, scarves, and even sweaters to the homeless and needy through our Church next winter. I will supply all the yarn. I am also currently making baby hats with synthetic fiber yarns for Babies in the NICU.

That's one of the greatest things I've heard all year. Many people just look down on homeless people and the people you see at intersections begging but many of those people don't have a choice. It's been this way for millenia and without people who make things and out of the kindness of their hearts they would surely freeze.

It's good to see that not everyone's charity has grown cold.

:eek:fftopic: but what happened to the quick quote feature?

It's gone...it was interfering with some people's browsers so MC took it out....just use Quote and delete the parts you don't want in the quote.

One of the greatest gifts I ever received was a little tiny pumpkin hat for my preemie baby in the NICU. No other hats would fit his tiny little head. I also received a Tiny little blanket for him. I will hold on to these things forever. It meant so much to me and I would like to do the same for other parents going through the same thing.

Latest posts

Back