feeding schedule at what times ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassdawg

Reaction score
Now my Holland Lop is doing better so now we are working it out together . She is a lot more friendler in the middle of the night than she is in the day . So my question is at what time should i feed her pellets ?
It seems if i feed her veges at bed time she does better in the night .
Thanks ,
Bill Also when i go to put her down i have to really hold on .

Feed her on a schedule that fits your lifestyle. If you are a night owl and want to play with her late at night, then that is a good time for treats. If she is less disruptive in the night if you feed her at bedtime, then that is a good plan. The main thing is to be consistent as much as possible. Rabbits learn when to expect their food.

The reason you have to really hold on when you are putting her down is because she sees the ground and wants to get her feet on it fast. Rabbits feel insecure when they don't have their feet under them - it feels too much like being carried off with a predator. Some people lower their rabbits backwards so they don't see the ground or floor coming. They may struggle less if you do that.

Glad things are going better, Bill! You two will work it out in time.

I think just like anything else, feed what works best for your schedule, and they will adjust, like Maggie said. I feed pellets in the a.m., and a giant handful of hay. They get a second pellet feeding at night. They eat their pellets right away, but I find they tend to munch on hay through out the day, and do the majority of their hay eating overnight. It's always gone by morning, and they get fresh.

Latest posts

Back