Feed Question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foot

Reaction score
..Please feel free to move this If Its In the wrong place.....Can someone tell me what I should feed my "Holland Lop" Rabbits, pellet wise ??? :?

Are you looking for a specific brand name? Many of us here base our pellet usage on the results we get with our own rabbits. Some use differing protein levels based on the rabbits show or reproductive status, its stage of growth, etc. Others use pellets as a supplement to a feeding program that includes other food sources. You have to find what works best for YOUR rabbits without going into serious negative cash flow-- yes, certain feeds can be very expensive.

Me, I Like the Buckeye brand pellets. It is a locally (in state) produced pellet that makes adjustments in their other livestock feeds based on where the bag is being shipped to. I also feed other sources, such as fresh forage, REAL hay, BOSS, A specialty horse feed, etc.. I change my rabbits diets for weather conditions, pregnancy and breeding, And weight maintenance.
hope this helps-- there are as many answers as there are members here!!

..We here feed "Purina" 16% Pellet feed and was wondering weather that Is ok to use for our Hollad Lop Rabbits...We have no Intentions of showing them we just want them to heathy happy Rabbits..Oh they have lots of hay of couse too. :D

That is plenty of protein for mature pet rabbits.

Pets rabbits can get fat if allowed to have pellets in their bowl all the time. Feel them often and if you think they are getting chunky, cut back on their pellets. Overweight rabbits don't live as long.

You did not specify what type of hay you are feeding. Since you feed, pellets which are mostly alfalfa anyway, the hay you give them should be a Timothy or grass hay and not alfalfa.

Latest posts

Back