Feed brands

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxine

Reaction score
We just started buying Albers Rabbit feed. We aren't buying it from the feed store. We actually buy from the locally owned lumber yard in our small town. They have the cheapest feed. Has anyone used it or heard anything about it. I know it contains soy which I'm not happy about. Do most feeds have soy?

Originally, we were going to feed our trio organic feed but it is insanely expensive. $29 for 25#'s. WOW! So non-organic runs between $16-20 for a 50# bag. I just don't know which is the best. I want healthy happy rabbits. We also give them greens and they get a big helping of alfalfa hay at their evening feeding.

I don't see soy listed on Purina complete but it is listed on Mana Pro, Sho and Gro. Listed as soybean hulls and soybean meal.

We tried Albers horse feed a couple years ago and I don't quite remember why we didn't stick with it to be honest. In my opinion If you find a feed that is a good price and it is within 10_15% (nutritionaly) of the top brand then I think it is worth giving it a try. I think Albers brand is quite old so they must have a decent customer base. :)

Back