favorite water bottles?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeenutdesigns

Reaction score
Mine range from crap that leaks all the time to they're okay but won't last long. The best ones I have are actually from the pet aisle in walmart as far as not leaking, but they are hard plastic that I am sure will start cracking at some point.

What kind of water bottle is your favorite for not leaking and being easy for the animal to use? I would love to put a nipple system, but too many other projects at the moment.

I like the Lixit 2-quart bottles I got last summer. I prefer the ball-end tips. My rabbits can't seem to get the hang of the spring-loaded ones.

I prefer the Lixit top fill, and do use the spring type nozzles, but have really had a problem with some kits not getting how to use it lately, so I switch between the spring and roller ball nozzles. Have also had 3 or 4 crack if pulled off the cage to often. Still much prefer the top fill though.

SuburbanHomesteader":1pp0mpht said:
I get the large bottles at Walmart - but only the white / opaque ones. The blue ones are that harder plastic and will crack if you drop them. The white ones are a different kind of plastic.

I bought the same ones from walmart and I noticed my bunny's didn't like the the blue color

I have a couple of the blue ones and I haven't had them crack yet but I also have not dropped them onto anything but dirt before

critter canteens. I don't have a single one that leaks. Aside from one with a defective tube that got a hole in it and was replaced. They don't just have a washer they have a little plastic cup that fits inside to seal it. I had one come out for the first time ever last night and got to see the design in more detail. 2nd would be lixit but they've gone downhill a bit in recent years. My old lixits (10years +) still hold up well but some of the newer lixits I tried leaked. I have a leaky heated lixit right now that I need to try tightening the spout since it's a lever not a ball.

for bottles with the double ball I like the lixit wide mouth bottles. For valve bottles I like making my own or the ones that KW Cages carries. Then the ones that have the edstrom valves, but not sure of the brand other than edstrom.

Auto system is my friend!

I have been using the white one from wal-mart they last a couple of years.
then I replace them with a 2 liter soda bottle. the cap fits right on to the bottle. I have had to replace a couple
of washers to stop them from leaking. I like the soda bottles, because when they crack,split or stop working
I just put then in the recycles and turn them in. I use the large plastic zip ties the hold them on the pens.

I bought the Klubertanz ends from a friend and quart squeeze bottles from a grooming supplier. Cost me about $3 a bottle total for twenty bottles

Latest posts

Back