False Pregnancy?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dltc96

Reaction score
I have a Standard Rex doe, 11 months old. I was pretty sure she took when we bred her to our buck; I thought I felt something when I palpated, but she was pretty tense. Over the last week she has been really moody (evil) making all sorts of noise and trying to attack us. This morning there was some pulled fur in the cage, no blood/no kits (today is day 33), and now her mood has completely flipped. She's friendly and playful. Anytime we go to pet her, she presents for us.

I've heard of false pregnancies before, but I thought that they usually did not go past 2-3 weeks. Should we re-breed her (she's really in the mood), or should we wait?

Thanks for any help and advice.

p.s. In other news... our experienced doe kindled 8 this morning.

Thanks for the advice. In addition, I'm wondering if there is any way she may have aborted. She had a pretty big freak out session two nights ago, and I had to restrain her somewhat to keep her from hurting herself. Would she have to deliver them this close to term, or could she still absorb them? We'll still wait just to be sure; I am just curious.

Our other doe makes it so easy. She delivers on day 31 every time, almost always with 8 kits.

We had a doe do that last week, we were a little confused too. :)
Our doe was due on Tuesday, on Monday she had a nest full of fur and we thought for sure she was going to have her litter she had never missed before, she even stopped eating. On Wednesday she started eating again and we rebred her on Sunday. Not really sure what happened there. :?

Nothing! She did pull a little more fur, but that was all. She didn't seem to know what to do with the fur when she did pull it. She just kept it in her cheek and went about her business (eating and drinking included). So, we re-bred her. She seemed super excited to see that buck. Hopefully I'll have some better news in a month.

Latest posts

Back