Fail Breeding?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayla@LWR

Reaction score
So I bred my American Blues in early January 10-14 days later (I forget when exactly) I palpated my doe. I felt nothing!

So After about the maximum time she could carry I decided to Breed her February 3rd. Palpated her two days ago and today... felt nothing two days ago, and today I felt her abdomen was kind of hard and tight? Is she possibly Pregnant? She has been pretty grouchy lately.

The first time breeding i wasn't sure if it was successful (as i know when it is)

The second time I table bred them and she squealed and my buck did the little "sit/pass out" thing. I don't think her vulva was swollen. I tried feeling, because she didn't want me to pick her up. I thought it felt a little larger than it should be... :/ I just want a successful litter this time!

The first litter she had, they didn't survive and that was last year.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, tips?

(P.S. I /have/ read MamaSheepdog's post on readiness of a doe.)

all you can really do is wait and see if she was bred Feb 3 it won't be that much longer and you'll know if she's preggers or not.

provide her with good nesting materials and a nest box and hope that she figures it out this time.
If she doesn't, rebreed her immediately (if her litter is born dead) as she'll be most receptive at that time or a day later. :)

How long should we wait to rebreed?

Both my doe and buck are first timers, and today is kindling day, I have seen no nesting behaviors, which I get is still in the realm of normal. But how long should I wait to reintroduce to my buck?

Back