Excited to Start a Rabbitry

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hartley11

Reaction score
I am starting a rabbitry in central North Carolina for a herd of Champaign D'Argent rabbits. I am really excited. I have purchased my breeding stock from Dr. Kloos in Asheville, NC and will be breeding both meat and show rabbits.

Just wanted to say hi to this community and welcome any advice you folks may have.

~Chris

Thanks. I haven't picked them up yet. I am getting two pedigreed does and one pedigreed buck from him to go with the nonpedigree buck I already have.

They really are a lot of fun to raise and watch. Brings me a lot of joy.

Howdy, Hartley11! I agree; rabbits are such an enjoyable animal to raise and watch. I am guilty of spending much more time than 'necessary' out there with them! Champagnes are an intriguing breed, too.

Welcome and happy trails with your new rabbitry. We have black 3 New Zealand does n Californian buck. And lots of baby rabbits. If you're growing meat rabbits, don't forget about your grow out pens. With 3 does we can have 24 kits at a birthing. And the more kits per grow out pen, if you're not doing a colony, the more competition for food. I don't like more than a dozen per pen. And built 2. 30" wide as that was the wire width x 8' long. And they can still fight. So I try to seperate by sex. Males n females separated.
Anyhows congratulations on your rabbitry and hopefully you'll get some different ideas n share yours

I am planning on building my grow outs out of recycled pallets. 4x4 which is 16 sq ft versus your 8x30 which is 20 sq ft. Think I can get by on 80% of the square footage you are using?

Latest posts

Back