Etsy?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinityoaks

Reaction score
I know some of y'all sell stuff on Etsy. I've been kicking around that idea lately myself to sell tatted lace pieces that I make. What can you tell me about Etsy (pros, cons, tips, etc.)?

I've been selling on etsy for a few years now and I love it! Really haven't had any issues or negative experiences. I'd go for it. Good luck! :)

I like that you can sell unusual things on there, and people don't come looking for something for nothing... they come looking for unusual things. Unique things. Vintage or handmade things. :)

I too have been considering getting an Etsy store- I sell vintage dishes and vintage enamelware and little whatnots- mostly kitchen stuff. Its good to hear positive input- maybe it'll give me that push to get going. Used to sell on Ebay- haven't in years, its gotten horrible and so many sellers left. Gotta get in gear!

As a buyer, I LOVE ETSY. I like that I'm buying from a human being and not some faceless company. I like handmade, unique items. I love buying paintings there, too...and I have not yet had a single bad experience. :)

My only problem with Etsy is when I'm between cheques and someone posts something I just DESPERATELY want...if only I was rich!!!!! :lol: :lol:

i bought my wheel,kick spinner and spindles,and some roving from Etsy. I like that listings do not end like eBay.

There's a lot of resellers that say their stuff is homemade, but in reality they bought it wholesale for $0.10 a piece. Also, PayPal is a complete ripoff. Someone got something I made(that is worth $50) for free because they said they never got it, even though the delivery confirmation number said that it was delivered 2 days before they said that. And it costs money to put up things to sell, and PayPal adds additional fees on top of that. I use wepay now, there's no fees and I don't have things practically stolen from me anymore.

12lawliet12":3ru2dpd4 said:
There's a lot of resellers that say their stuff is homemade, but in reality they bought it wholesale for $0.10 a piece. Also, PayPal is a complete ripoff. Someone got something I made(that is worth $50) for free because they said they never got it, even though the delivery confirmation number said that it was delivered 2 days before they said that. And it costs money to put up things to sell, and PayPal adds additional fees on top of that. I use wepay now, there's no fees and I don't have things practically stolen from me anymore.

When running a small business, paypal can be slightly better to work with than a vendor credit card company. There is almost no credit card payment you cannot have charged back whereas paypal has certain transactions that absolutely cannot be charged back if you really need to protect yourself. Fees are similar to credit card vendors fees.

How exactly is wepay free and without chargebacks? From their website:

2.9% + 30¢ Credit Card Payments
Accept all major credit cards.
Just 2.9% + 30¢
1% + 30¢ Bank Payments
Accept bank account payments
Just 1% + 30¢

$15 per chargeback. Chargebacks result from disputed payments, like unauthorized transactions or non-delivery of goods or services.

Granted, I dislike a lot about paypal, but this is just another paypal clone. It started out as a novel peer-to-peer payment idea, found they couldn't made their money doing it that way, and switched to a credit card/paypal style of model.

Back