• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

English Lop/Velveteen Lop Project Sellout

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HendricksHearth

Reaction score
English Lops

Fleming's ET- DOB March 3, 2009, brkn blue tort buck, breeding/pet. AWESOME sweetheart, but too small to show. Could be bred to a big doe for show babies. Has 2 GC legs and is registered. $PENDING

RD's Turning Point- DOB May 27, 2010, gorgeous opal buck, lots of bone, show/breeding/pet $PENDING

Garden Gate's Acorn- DOB April 13, 2009, black tort doe, breeding/pet- has ear pimple and is proven. Too small to show, but can produce show babies if bred to a larger buck. $50 (will only be available after her current litter is weaned)

Mini Rex (Velveteen Lop Project)

Tree Leaf's Amber- DOB August 13, 2010, pedigreed MR castor doe, show/breeding/pet $40 (will only be available after her current litter is weaned)

Tree Leaf's Cocoa Puff- DOB Setember 7, 2010, proven pedigreed MR seal doe, show/breeding/pet $40 (will only be available after her current litter is weaned)
Please e-mail me with any questions and we will be attending the Conyers show next month.

Thanks!

Lauren
[email protected]

HendricksHearth":2lpdsrig said:
English Lops

Fleming's ET- DOB March 3, 2009, brkn blue tort buck, breeding/pet. AWESOME sweetheart, but too small to show. Could be bred to a big doe for show babies. Has 2 GC legs and is registered. $50
[email protected]

How is this fella registered if he is too small to show? ARBA registration occurs ONLY if the animal weighs in within the standard range AT MATURITY.

Hi Terry,

The breed SOP weight requirement was raised for both bucks and does effective January 2011. He won two GC legs and was registered in 2010.

Thanks,

Lauren

ETA: Thanks Maggie!

Yes it came out at convention. I also think its terrible that the sop was changed so much to exclude rabbits that have won legs!! Especially in a breed like this where there aren't the highest numbers around and a lot of money has been invested!! Perhaps there is an appeals process or do what the lab breeders did when their standard changed drastically; sue the club!!.

Thank so much Lauren- I feel the same way. I am a member of the breed club and I never heard anything about it until the new SOP was out. It seems like there was a disconnect there somewhere for that to have happened and is one of the big reasons I wanted to take a break for now.

Thanks!

Lauren

do you still have the Opal Buck english lop? and where are located?<br /><br />__________ Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm __________<br /><br />Are you planing to come to the conviention in Oct. in Indiana this year?

I never noticed this thread back in Feb. when you first posted it. I certainly understand you needing to break from the Elops for now... the change in sop is a real downer. :(

Thanks Christine- I wish I had known you wanted Enigma and I am sorry that it didn't work out. I bred him to one of my Mini Rex does last month for the Velveteen project, but I don't know if she took. I have my fingers and toes crossed that she did.

Hi HLR,

I do still have the opal buck, but I believe he will be sold shortly along with ET to an excellent home. I will let you know if it falls through for some reason. The only show I am currently planning to attend is Conyers in a few weeks as I have been too busy with nursing school to travel.

Also I am pulling Cocoa Puff from the list for now she is making a nest at the moment. :)

Lauren

Back