EMERGENCY IN NORTH-EASTERN MICHIGAN

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
Copied from some Facebook groups. Clyde is a friend of mine and a great asset to the rabbit community. Any help is appreciated. There are rumors of some rabbit rescue groups looking for temporary placements for rabbits from a large "rescue" in Clyde's area. It is no coincidence that Clyde is currently out of town when this happened. A fellow breeder is heading up there to get his rabbits out before animal control comes back, Clyde has been informed of what's going on. I can't imagine the panic he and his wife are feeling right now as this all goes on back home.

This is too scary.

RABBIT BREEDER IN IOSCO MI NEEDS HELP:
Ok EVERYONE : CLYDE AND SANDI HAVE HIT A PROBLEM AND ARE NEEDED AT HOME. Yesterday afternoon when Brandy arrived at clyde and Sandi's home to feed, the police and animal control were at the home with a Warrant to search the place. It had been reported that they abandoned the place and left all the animals and possibly two children (hence the need for a warrant to see if there were children inside) Brandy did her best to explain what was going on but they would not really listen. And because Brandy is extremely pregnant She has had a hard time keeping up on everything by herself.. Clyde and Sandi Own the rabbits, 7 horses, 6 guinea pigs, and a small herd of terriers that they breed. They searched the property and took the dogs, and guinea pigs. The rabbits and horses they stated were fine, but the guinea pigs were in dirty cages (it's been extremely hot and Brandy has not cleaned them yet this week), and they...... also took the dogs. (Including pulling an older dog right out of her boys arms) Though there is a dog door for the dogs to go in and out of Several of the dogs had begun doing there business in the house, as well as tearing things up due to separation anxiety, and out of border and no direction on things to do. The dogs really made the place a disaster. Needless to say , that even though Clyde and Sandi's twin boys are staying at Brandy's house with her while gone, there was a threat of child services. Though the dogs and guinea pigs are loved family members, the thought of having issues with the state over there children has them extremely distraught. They also need to find a lawyer who is good with animal ownership rights, and children. CAN ANYONE THINK OF ANY WAYS WE CAN HELP TO SPEED THEM UP AND GET THEM BACK HERE TO MICHIGAN?

I wish there was something I could do. If I had a working vehicle that could make the trip, I would.

Oh, my goodness... how horrible!

I hope they're able to get the rabbits out, and the kids need to be taken out of state by a family member, if possible.

Can you post a link to the story on FB?

Try these fb pages

Farmers on trial
Farm to consumer legal defense fund

Oh no :( I live two hours from them, near Port Huron. Let me know if they need anything, or if there is something I can do.

This is extremely concerning. AC and DCFS double-teaming the family. I wish I were closer. It's a 6 hour drive to get up there. I'd be willing to do it if they hit an all hands on deck point. I had DCFS called on me when I was 4 months pregnant for a fib my daughter repeatedly told (that we had no food in the house) - it was an absolute nightmare. I can't fathom dealing with AC and LE in tandem.

they do this all the time to dog breeders. they threaten to take the kids and condom their home if they don't sign over their dogs.

tailwagging":3bxxvy01 said:
...... and condom their home if they don't sign over their dogs.

Not to make light of the situation in Michigan, it's a terrible thing to have happen, but... Are you sure? :D

There was a whole lot More to the situation than originally posted on FB.

AC actually was Not involved. The people have a Good relationship with the local AC. BUT... they also have a buzy-body neighbor who turns in anyone and everyone around her for even trivial things. When she could not get AC involved... she called the police...stating Children had been left unattended and animals abandoned. The police came with cps and a 'rescue' group to check things out...

When apprised of the real state of things... the police were inclined to leave things as they were being taken care of...however the 'rescue' threw a fir about the dogs and the fact that the GP cages had not been cleaned That day...The 'rescue'INSISTED that if they were to take One dog...they HAD to take ALL...including removing a beloved pet from a child's arms !

( personal opinion here...but i'm thinking that the policeman was a bit ticked off at being called to something that did Not really Need him and figured that Someone would pay for his trouble... and permitted the 'rescue' to take the dogs and GP. personal opinion Only !!)

I'm hoping against all odds that this will be resolved soon and with Not a lot of financial drain on the people involved. Except the 'rescue'...They Should (imo) bare the brunt of the mess !!!

Lastfling":2007ult4 said:
tailwagging":2007ult4 said:
...... and condom their home if they don't sign over their dogs.

Not to make light of the situation in Michigan, it's a terrible thing to have happen, but... Are you sure? :D

:thinking: A new ploy by CPS to ensure they don't have any more children, perhaps?

So far all rabbits have been taken by a breeder and are being kept at her place, looks like the situation (at least rabbit-wise) is going to be okay. I'm not sure how everything else is panning out.<br /><br />__________ Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:47 pm __________<br /><br />
coffeenutdesigns":3h0kdu67 said:
Can you post a link to the story on FB?

Try these fb pages

Farmers on trial
Farm to consumer legal defense fund

Here's a link of the situation on the ARBA Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2213368 ... ment_reply

Cattle Cait":f91zu9ea said:
So far all rabbits have been taken by a breeder and are being kept at her place, looks like the situation (at least rabbit-wise) is going to be okay.

That's good news. :)

I hope everything works out with the dogs, but even more so with the kids. :good-luck:

Back