Eating a rabbit who took ivermectin?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M":20ln8f28 said:
That's what I've seen said before on here... minimum 30 days.

...unless, of course, you suspect that you yourself may have worms. :canofworms:

:twisted:

Ivermectin isn't toxic to humans in the small doses that you'd give to treat a rabbit. I'd have no problem eating a rabbit the day after it was injected other than the waste of a good dose of expensive medicine.

The 30 day withdrawl is fairly standard for all medications, but I'd personally ignore it for ivermectin.

I eat them after using it. If I find I have to cull a doe that has been treated for ear mites it doesn't even make me hesitate. After all, I get enough on me when 'mectin the herd, what harm can a bit in the meat do me? :lol:

TMTex":1jfrnuwl said:
Ivermectin isn't toxic to humans in the small doses that you'd give to treat a rabbit. I'd have no problem eating a rabbit the day after it was injected other than the waste of a good dose of expensive medicine.

The 30 day withdrawl is fairly standard for all medications, but I'd personally ignore it for ivermectin.

I concur. Ivermectin is used in third world countries on humans. I would eat the rabbit myself, but I would not sell the meat. I would also wait a few days for the ivermectin to take effect!

I would not worry about it. Unless you have the Ivermetic sensitviy gene, lol, it should not be harmful. I probably could use a worming.

I don't worry avout it. I worm rabbits, horses and cattle with the stuff so, no doubt get enough in me with that sandwich I eat w/o washing my hands on working day. As others have said, it is used for humans in third world countries so, no worry.

Latest posts

Back