Early Birth

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
How early have you had a doe birth and still have viable kits? Have two does that are due next Tuesday/Wednesday one of them was very antsy yesterday even in the heat so I gave her a box (I usually don't put a box in until day 27/28). She nested all day yesterday and this morning she delivered! One was DOA and I'm unsure about how many she has (she's feeling aggressive) but they are obviously alive. The one dead was normal size and didn't look underdeveloped at all. Just really surprising to have kits on day 24/25! I would have thought they would be more premature looking at this stage.

Day 27 was the earliest I have seen our FA with live kits. Usually they go 31 or even 32, so this was 4 days earlier for her. Good thing you understood her signals and went with your gut!

Me to! I had to go to work today - so I won't be able to check on them again until late today. I hope they truly are healthy and mature enough, I know I'll be worried about them all day today 5 o'clock can't get here fast enough!

Good save!

I have put nest boxes in that early due to early haystachers, but have not had kits born that early. Hope they do well for you. I would love to see some pics if you get a chance.

Ok - I admit it- I'm a dunce. I wrote the wrong due date down - these kits are perfect and right on time. :oops: :t_oops:

The only reason I figured it out was when the other doe kindled last night and I couldn't wrap my head around what was going on. checked the calendar and sure enough I skipped a week somewhere :groooan:

Latest posts

Back