Ear mites on other body parts, possible?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady

Reaction score
I have a doe with just one ear with ear mites, didn't notice it because of that. Treated both ears, but noticed similar crusting on her lip, right under the nose. No wettness, no snot, no matted anything, just crust that looks just like the gunk in her ear. Is it possible the mites could be living there, too?

I don't know if it could be mites, but it could be vent disease on her mouth. Something to consider...

Mites can be pretty specific as to location-- BUT, sometimes, other issues can appear similar-- and some manges on other animals look amazingly like early ear mite damage-- so, treat the whole rabbit-- and give all you can, nutrtion-wise, to boost it's immune system...

Mange mites often start in ears due to rabbits using their feet to groom and can spread to lips and nose and toes. I would treat the whole rabbit, not just the ears and mange mites spread easier than ear mites, so keep a close eye on your other buns.

Latest posts

Back