EAA Airventure (fly in) this week

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
and Michael is there :) He's taken this week off and he's out galavanting around with his favorite uncle and uncle's fiance. Mike used to go with his father and uncle/cousins when he was growing up/teen so has some fond memories of the FlyIn. that was during the early years of the event, tho. It's now grown to be a HUGE event. Lots of crowds.

But...lots to do. Powered Parachutes; ultalites; Dick and Burt Rutan; military aviation; home builts; pancake breakfasts; campfires; movies about innovators and heros; Chuck Yeager; oh....so many things to do. Classes/seminars on metals, plastics, building wings, covering with cloth, motors and engines, welding...and the current "must do" - dinner or lunch at the Tilted Kilt Pub (short skirted waitresses and lots of Guiness) :lol:

so...here I sit...alone...doing bunny and chicken chores :) I'm hoping for some cool pictures :D

EAA Fly IN link: http://www.airventure.org/

Tilted Kilt link: http://tiltedkilt.com/

Hope Michael has a great time! Not my idea of fun, but I can kinda see the attraction. I guess. I'd come and help with those chores, Ann, and keep you company... but I'd have to do a "fly in" of my own and that's just not possible.

MY father was a private pilot, and some Sunday mornings, we'd wake up to-- " Kids, Your Mom and I are going to New York for breakfast" OH yes- I lOVed Sunday Morning fly-in breakfasts-- I didn't have to go to church!!! Didn't like the local ones, though-- always got stuck hanging out in the middle of nowhere, not permitted to leave the area to look at farm animals or anything FUN!!

my dad was a pilot, he was invited to fly for the RAF because he is british. he decided to come to the US instead. We've been to the EAA airventure once. very fun :D we got free tickets thanks to the JAARS tent :)

I completely forgot to update this! :frypan:
He had a REALLY good time. His uncle and new wife were fantastic hosts, the nights were cool enough to actually SLEEP without air conditioning (until Friday..got nasty hot then and Mike came home). He got to see loads of ultra lites, and para-thingies, and oodles of homebuilts. The uncle is building a 4 seater that Mike's pretty excited about seeing next year.

Dick and Burt Rutan were there, and that big new Boeing jet...er..787? cant' rmember it's number...made an appearance. The lines to go through the thing were STAGGERINGLY long tho.

Good time was had by all :)(although getting FREE tickets would have made it a lot better! I hope you enjoyed your time at the fly-in that time :) )

Back