Dropping not falling through

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightnin1960

Reaction score
Couldn't think of a name for the subject so picked the best I could think of :lol:

I've got my moma doe her babies are 2 wks old now and getting out. But her poop is not really soft but it's not really hard either and not falling through the wire floor. is this normal for a nursing moma? The bad thing is that the babies get out sometimes. The door is quite aways up they just stand on top each other and get out.

Thanks

I find this happens in the 2-3 week range with my does too. The kits are starting to eat pellets and mom is nursing less, so her poops are larger than normal and don't like to fall thru the wire so well. Can you post pics of your setup? We can help you brainstorm how to keep those babies in the cage better....

nights high50 + i was thinking about dumping out the nesting box and putting in 1 inch wood shaving the days have been above 85 or should i just leave it alone til 3 weeks old when i remove it

what do yall think

What I do is tip the nestbox on its side at 2wks if I don't want to remove it entirely. It gives them a place to snuggle and mom a place to get away from the kits if she wants to.

this is my setup if I can do it right.

Attachments

• Rabbit Hutch 051512.jpg
    Rabbit Hutch 051512.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 334
  • orig nest box052412.jpg
    orig nest box052412.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 334
  • nest raised front 052412.jpg
    nest raised front 052412.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 334
  • nest raised back veiw052412.jpg