Dremels + Angora Nails

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-HRanchito

Reaction score
I was afraid to try this at first, but I think it's a winner for me.

For one thing, their nails are like butter, especially compared to my dogs'. It takes almost no time at all. When I was using clippers, I had a really hard time seeing where I was cutting, because all their foot fur constantly got in the way, but with the dremel, I don't have to actually see the nail at all times. I can check, grind, and check again to see if I like the results. Also, I expected the bunnies to spook at the sound, but nobody does. Maybe it's cause fear of noisy grooming tools has been bred out of the angoras?

:pancake: I'm very happy about this, since I was always ending up with nasty crushed-looking nails using the clippers.

Glad you tried it first. I was afraid it would be too harsh on their nails. I hate nail clipping.

FYI I did try the dog dryer on the buns and no one minded the noise :) I bet my neighbors thought it was a little strange to have a rabbit on the dog table.

-HRanchito":31tcfawz said:
I was afraid to try this at first, but I think it's a winner for me.

For one thing, their nails are like butter, especially compared to my dogs'. It takes almost no time at all. When I was using clippers, I had a really hard time seeing where I was cutting, because all their foot fur constantly got in the way, but with the dremel, I don't have to actually see the nail at all times. I can check, grind, and check again to see if I like the results. Also, I expected the bunnies to spook at the sound, but nobody does. Maybe it's cause fear of noisy grooming tools has been bred out of the angoras?

:pancake: I'm very happy about this, since I was always ending up with nasty crushed-looking nails using the clippers.
I will have to try this. Mine really have no reaction to the clippers, blower or any other noisy thing lol.

Back