Dosage: Panacur horses math conversion rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidpop

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Since I'm in New Zealand I can't get the rabbit Panacur. But I can get the horse, cattle, sheep panacur online easily.

The label says Panacur 100. (horse, cattle, sheep, goats)
It says fenbendazole 100g/litre.

Does that equate to 100mg/ml fenbendazole? (because I have found the dose rate for that for rabbits online)
and would it also equate to a 10% solution?

I've looked up the dosage of fenbendazole for rabbits and it says 20mg fenbendazole per kg.

So, would that mean I could give this horse Panacur 100 at the dose rate of .2mls per kg. to my rabbits?

I'm not good with math and don't want to get it wrong, thanks in advance :)

Also, let me know if you think it is a bad idea to buy the horse panacur. Here's a link to the product information. http://www.msd-animal-health.co.nz/prod ... tails.aspx
(if I go to the Vet I feel like they probably will sell me the same thing as this)

best bet is to get the SafeGuard liquid goat wormer, same ingredient - fenbendazole- in a dose you can accurately measure. For rabbits, its 20mg/ kg, roughly 10 mg per pound. The liquid wormer comes in 100mg/ mL (or cc) so its 1/10 of 1 mL per pound, so a 5 pound rabbit gets half a mL (or cc) dose, which is easy to measure using a 3mL syringe.

Remember that it is most effective if given for 3 consecutive days. I have guesstimated that an adult rabbit can be treated with an oral bolus then have 3mL added to 1 quart of water to follow through, as the large rabbits I raise generally drink about 10 to 12 oz water on a normal day with temperatures between 50 and 75*

Thanks, but I can't get the Safeguard in New Zealand. (I'll check again but pretty sure I can't get it)

I think the one I can get (panacur 100) is is the same as Safeguard only since they sell by the Liter its labeled fenbendazole 100g/liter which I think is same as 100mg/ml isn't it? I'm not sure about my math conversions.

But I think if the dose is 20mg per kg I give .2ml per kg.

Well, I actually did find the goat safeguard and ordered it online - hopefully it makes it through customs. I feel better about using the one other have used on here than using one no one else has tried before- so thanks :)

Latest posts

Back