Donna comes thru with 11!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katduck

Reaction score
I have three does due tomorrow and as usual I was late getting the nest boxes in. Had a Migraine yesterday and didn't get to it. Anyway, today I was busy getting my tax stuff together for an appointment at 3:00. Before I left I made sure to put those boxes in, especially Donna's since she popped on day 30 last time and had one on the wire while I was putting boxes in the other does cages! This time I got the box in and left for my appt. I got back and didn't get out to the barn right away, but when I did, I put my hand in her box and to my surprise I felt a warm mass. I pulled the box out and brought it in the house to find 11 little popples. Beautiful shades of Rose and Mauve. None seem to be especially small at the moment. She normally has 10 and has no problem.

Yay Donna! When I brought the box back I gave her a piece of carrot and a big nose rub.

Donna is my Chocolate Satin and I bred her again to my French Angora Twitch. They are the ones that produced the beautiful torts pictured in this forum. I'm pretty sure there will be more torts in this batch.

I finally got a picture of Donna's litter. They are 11 days old today. We lost 2 to the cold on day 4. They crawled up to the front of the box. They were nice big fat ones too! I'm really bummed because Donna had never lost a kit before. As you can see I have a whole bunch of Torts, 2 smuts and the runt which is much different from the others. Any opinions as to it's color. I included a close up. I'm glad he made it, I love his color! The two that froze were smuts. The poor runt looks even smaller because he's right next to "Dale the Whale", the biggest one of the bunch! :)

Mom was Chocolate Satin, Dad was Blue Pearl French Angora.

DonnasLitter11days.jpg
WhatColor.jpg

Oh my goodness, they're such gorgeous popples!! To tell you the truth, I especially like the coloring on the runt! :D

Congratulations!! Great job, Donna! :mbounce:

They are so adorable!!!!<br /><br />__________ Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:46 pm __________<br /><br />Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Back