Does the full or new moon affect kit sexes? Check this out!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure either but it sure make one think. I'm a firm beleiver in the moon phases, can't work in a hospital without beleving :shock: . Sure makes one think. :?:

Hmm. Maybe we should do our own online experiment. We could have a New Moon and Full Moon breeding thread. :)

Hmm. I don't ever think of moon phases. I wonder if I could keep that straight long enough for a full experiment.

I'd be very interested if we could start a thread on this! Although, I've had more does than bucks all summer long. Just the last few litters have started having equal numbers or predominantly males.

I keep track, I personally think it has to do with the doe and buck but who knows,I bred same doe and buck pair twice so far, first litter was conceived on a first quarter moon and had three bucks and four does. 2nd litter was conceived on a last quarter moon and she had 5 does and one buck.

Thanks Lauren. I also wish that they would have updated that website.

That's a great idea MamaSheepdog!!! Should we leave it until the spring when more people will be breeding again? Now I am VERY interested in this experiment.

Someone on another forum also keeps track of this but i haven't payed any attention to it, sounds interesting tho..

It occurs to me that I could easily check this out, since I keep notes by hand on a calendar. All I have to do it look at the moon phrases during the marked date I have for breeding, and then look up the gender of the kits born later.

Back