Does for my buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright, I've got a broken blue Jersey Wooly Buck. I want to get him a few wives, but I want only black and blue babies. What color doe should I get to produce blues and blacks?
*note: my buck has broken blues, blacks, blue torts, black chinchilla, one chestnut an one sable marten on his pedigree. It seems the black and blue are dominate colors in his blood*

CloeysRabbitRanch":24ll2ay9 said:
Okay but would I get any brokens?

Yes. He is carrying at least one gene for broken, so there is a 50% chance that he will pass the broken gene to each kit he sires. If he has two broken parents and is "Charlie marked" (very little color) he may be carrying two copies of the broken gene, in which case all of his kits will be broken.

MamaSheepdog":ohqcx5qy said:
CloeysRabbitRanch":ohqcx5qy said:
Okay but would I get any brokens?

Yes. He is carrying at least one gene for broken, so there is a 50% chance that he will pass the broken gene to each kit he sires. If he has two broken parents and is "Charlie marked" (very little color) he may be carrying two copies of the broken gene, in which case all of his kits will be broken.

:yeahthat: 50/50 self and broken isn't too bad though

Brokens do tend to sell more easily than other colors, esp as pets. I would recommend keeping back a solid buck from one of his litters if you don't want any more broken. Once you sell all your brokens, next generation, the nice thing is you won't get any more. It doesn't hide under anything but REW/BEW so just avoid those colors for sure.

Latest posts

Back