Does anyone know where to get non-leaking ball water bottles

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redwolff644

Reaction score
I am looking to trade out my water bottles with the little lever in them for ones with the balls that stop the water from flowing. I bought some from Fleet Farm and they leaked like crazy from where the tip of the spout. I bought some online and they leaked too. Does anyone know where online I can order some that won't leak?

I have a Lixit brand bottle for our sugar gliders and it doesn't leak. When we get a rabbit, I plan on getting the rabbit size version.

Lixits are generally considered the best. The glass are even better but they break if knocked on off on a hard surface and they are expensive. I've been buying plastic lixits in bulk packages off amazon.com. A few things to keep in mind:

Make sure the rubber washer in the cap is pushed back flat into it. Sometimes it gets pulled up if you tilt the cap as you twist it off. If your bottle doesn't have a rubber washer get a new one cause it is probably too cheap not to leak. Sometimes replacing the rubber washer with a better one that is sized the same from the hardware store can improve a bottle.

Fill the bottle all the way to the top ignoring fill lines if it is leaking. The fill line avoids making too strong of vacuum for some smaller animals. Sometimes you want that.

Temperature changes will often cause leakage of even the best bottles. If you really want to avoid leaking do not fill with cold water. It will leak until it evens out with the temps outside the bottle. If you don't want leaking bottles and you do want to give cold water in summer you could always use dishes and then you can add ice easily. Expect increased problems during times of the year that temps swing a lot from day to day.

I have yet to find any. I got so frustrated with how long it was taking to fiddle with the bottles that I just switched to crocks.

Yeah. .I got mine on amazon..in the critter pack. Mine are all over two years old no leaks..I like the lixit bottles...just wish they stayed slime free longer..I have a few extra so I can rotate them out and clean four at a time..

I buy the 32oz lixit bottles at Big R stores for about $6 each.

On this subject, does anyone know how/where to get this type of spout for an automated watering system? I can only find the lever kind.

Latest posts

Back